Creating An Outdoor Sanctuary
(NAPSI)-Be it a small urban terrace or a palatial deck, it's fun to turn an outside space into your own private sanctuary.
To help, lifestyle expert, HGTV personality and best-selling author Susie Coelho, who has a home collection on QVC, offers some tips:
- Re-create the comfort of an indoor retreat by using outdoor rugs, decorative outdoor pillows and colorful umbrellas. Stretch your dollar further by getting reversible pillows that have a print on one side and a solid on the other.
- Surround yourself with votives, sconces and candles. Hanging lanterns adds a colorful and festive touch.
- Adding the sound of running water with a water feature can turn any outdoor space into a peaceful sanctuary. Wall art pieces can add a great European feel to even the smallest of spaces.
- Create a fun and entertaining area with all the amenities. Fire pits are the chic version of sitting around the campfire. Add a bar, outdoor grill, plenty of seating and mood lighting with lanterns and votives to liven up the party.
- If you have the space, create an outdoor room with a portable pavilion. Fill it with all the comforts of home, like you would a living or dining room area. Add candles, magazines, throw pillows and lanterns. Drape an inexpensive gauze fabric over an umbrella or arch for a romantic feel.
For information on her Susie Coelho At Home collection, visit www.QVC.com or call (800) 345.1515.
Find more articles of interest