Banana Oatmeal BreadRecipe Index: Breads/Pastries > Sweet/Dessert
* 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbs. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!®,
* 2 cups sifted flour
* 1/2 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. baking soda
* 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
* 1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
* 2 eggs
* 2 Tbs. buttermilk
* 1 tsp. lemon juice
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 1/2 cups sliced, ripened bananas (about 3 medium)
* 1/2 cup raisins
* 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with 1 tablespoon of I Can't
Believe It's Not Butter!
3. In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt,
baking soda and nutmeg. Stir in oatmeal and set aside.
4. In a blender, combine eggs, remaining I Can't Believe It's
Not Butter!, buttermilk, lemon juice and sugar; process
until smooth. Add bananas, raisins and walnuts; process
5. Pour mixture into dry ingredients and mix until flour is
6. Pour into greased pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a
toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.