Raspberry BarsRecipe Index: Desserts > Bar Cookies
1 C. All-purpose flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 C. butter
1 T. milk
1/2 C. raspberry jam
2/3 C. white sugar
1/4 C. butter
2 C. shredded coconut
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8inch square baking pan.
2. In large bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. Cut in 1/2 cup chilled butter cut into small pieces. Mix until coarse crumbs form. Stir the eggs, 1 at a time, into the flour mixture. Add the milk and stir til a soft dough forms.
3. Spread dough in pan, pressing with fingers to cover bottom evenly. Spread the jam over top.
4. Prepare topping, in a medium sized bowl. Mix together the sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter. Stir in coconut and vanilla. Spread on top of jam layer.
5. Bake until topping is lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Cool completely. Cut into bars.